Around one third of all medical technology companies in Switzerland are suppliers, making this the industry's largest business category. This is also reflected in the share of Swiss Medtech members. In modern production, supplied parts usually account for the majority of both finished medical devices and the value-added chain. «Diversity» characterises the supplier industry, with metal and plastics processing, product engineering, surface treatment and cleaning being just some of the many supplier activities.
Who we are
The expert group Supplier Industry comprises member companies of Swiss Medtech, predominantly small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), that belong to the supplier industry. It focuses on effective and coordinated representation of common interests to strengthen Switzerland's supplier industry and thus its international competitiveness.
Who can participate
Employees of Swiss Medtech member companies in the Supplier Industry.
- Increasing the availability of employees in Production with medtech-specific qualifications
- Assisting members with implementation of medtech-specific regulations and standards
- Promoting collaboration, cooperation and knowledge transfer among the members regarding relevant developments (technology, materials, production processes, etc.)
- Improving the image of industrial professions in general
- Better (international) marketing of the quality and performance of Switzerland's supplier industry, particularly in the field of microtechnology
- Analysing the need for training and further education via member surveys and participating in the education reform 2023 (FUTUREMEM)
- Organising thematic member events (e.g. on regulations/standards, new technologies, technological developments)
- ERFA platform, sharing best practices, developing SME-suitable instruments and standards for medtech-specific requirements, specifications and processes (e.g. qualifying/validating machines and systems)