Please find information for users of the https://swiss-medtech.ch website (hereinafter «website») concerning the collection of personal data below.
Identity of the Responsible Entity
Swiss Medtech, Freiburgstrasse 3, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
You can contact the responsible Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer of Swiss Medtech, Freiburgstrasse 3, 3010 Bern, Switzerland or firstname.lastname@example.org
The processing of data is performed for the distribution of information according to an online mailing list (usually a periodic newsletter). The processing of your data is necessary for the protection of our legitimate interests.
Data categories and origin
We process data gathered in connection with the usage of our website, or data provided by yourself (e.g. for a newsletter subscription).
Your data will not be disclosed to third parties, unless expressly stated.
Collection of personal data for informational use
We will not collect any personal data of individuals who use the website solely for informational purposes – i.e. if you do not register to use the website or otherwise provide us with information – with the exception of the following data that are transmitted by your browser enabling you to visit the website. These are:
- IP address
- Access Status/HTTP status code
- Cookies will continue to be stored on your computer when using the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you use. They provide specific information to the entity that sets the cookie (in this case, us). They make the Internet more user-friendly and overall more effective. If you have an account with us, the cookies are able to identify you during follow-up visits; otherwise you would have to log in again for each subsequent visit.
- This website uses the following transient cookies (temporary) and persistent cookies (time-limited).
a) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, and may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
b) Transient cookies (in particular "session cookies") are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These store a session ID enabling various requests from your browser to be assigned to the common session and makes your computer recognisable when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or when you close the browser.
- You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes; e.g. you may decline acceptance of third-party cookies, or of all cookies. Please note, however, that you may not be able to use all features of this website.
- We would be happy to send you our newsletter on current Swiss Medtech topics. We require your first and last name and your e-mail address in order to send the newsletter. You can enter this information in the fields provided. After you have sent this information, you will receive a message from us to the e-mail address you specified. Please click on the confirmation link to verify the e-mail address that you provided.
- Your data will be stored by us only for the purpose of distributing the newsletter.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time and thus retract your consent for any further use of your data. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at the end of a newsletter.
Duration of storage
Unless otherwise stated, we will retain usage data or other personal information for as long as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, or for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. We will delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed and, in all cases, upon expiry of the statutory maximum retention period.
Rights of the Data Subject
Should the legal requirements apply, you have the right to the:
- Limitation of processing
- Portability of your data
In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your information at any time, based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Right of Appeal to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data against risks during data transfer as well as acquisition by third parties. This is adjusted regularly according to the latest technological developments.