Legal & Compliance Commission
The Legal & Compliance Commission is made up of individuals from the legal and compliance sectors. Its activities focus on legal developments within Europe and Switzerland which affect the medical technology industry, as well as on the Code of Ethics and its interpretation.
Focal points and objectives
- To promote a balanced, obstacle-free, competition-neutral, and innovation-friendly approach to drafting Swiss legislation - also with regard to regulatory developments abroad;
- To promote implementation of the Code of Ethics amongst Swiss Medtech members based on standardised interpretation, best practices, mediation procedures, implementation tools, sample templates, expert advice, etc.
- Monitoring of relevant legal developments at the European level;
- Monitoring of relevant national laws and ordinances (Therapeutic Products Act HMG, Ordinance on Integrity and Transparency in the Therapeutic Products Sector VITH, Medical Devices Ordinance MepV etc.);
- Active involvement in relevant legislative processes (communication of opinions concerning political consultations, recommendations on deliberative activities of the national parliament, addressing of issues in position papers, etc.);
- Informing Swiss Medtech members about relevant developments.
Sr. Principal Legal and Compliance Counsel
Medtronic (Schweiz) AG, Münchenbuchsee
Dr. Karin Knobloch
Corporate Compliance Officer
Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen
EMEA Compliance Director
Zimmer Biomet, Zug